Ace Magashule: I doubt supporters had opportunity to reflect on asbestos debacle

South Africa is again mired in controversies, from the fleeing of the Bushiri couple, Jacob Zumas bid to have Justice Zondo recuse himself, which failed, and more arrests by the Hawks.

It was the Bloemfontein Magistrate’s Court events in particular that has caught my attention.

I remember that in Soweto, where most of my upbringing took place, we used to revere with deep admiration okapi-wielding and gun-blazing criminals.

Looking back, though, I regret that we never took time to reflect about the victims of our heroes.

Ace Magashule

Last Friday, we saw the videos and pictures of young people chanting and dancing in the scorching sun outside the Bloemfontein Magistrate’s Court where Ace Magashule appeared (on 21 charges of fraud and corruption, alternatively theft and money laundering, stemming from the Free State asbestos scandal. He is out on R200 000 bail).

It reminded me of the naivety I suffered from with my friends all those years ago when we saw glory and heroism in the criminality of our supposed “heroes”.

In other news – Jub Jub dumps another TV Show and this is why

Reality show host and musician Molemo “Jub Jub” Maarohanye has handed over the reigns of his popular Moja Love reality show You Promised to Marry Me to presenter Moshe Ndiki. Learn more

Source: IOL

The post Ace Magashule: I doubt supporters had opportunity to reflect on asbestos debacle first appeared on News365.co.za.



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post