What’s your excuse? Themba Limkekhaya bakes delicious Pizza from a shack for a living!

Owing to the high unemployment rate, a young Themba Limekhaya from Orange Farm in the south of Johannesburg decided to take matters into his own hands.

The ambitious entrepreneur opted to launch his own business and is already wreaking havoc in the pizza-making space, his company is called it Mkhukhu Pizza.

Limekhaya has been profiled through various social media channels by Township Economy as he bakes his delicious pizza from a shack.

His social media page is also abuzz with reactions from his loyal clients and explained he used to see township folks carrying squared boxes and enviously felt it was stylish.

According to his most recent interview with independent Media Online, the young lad reveals he didn’t afford a pizza and through the help of his neighbour, decided to make his own – he now boasts clientele from lavish suburbs such as Centurion and Midrand.



“I used to see people walking with those boxes. It always portrayed a certain lifestyle. The first time I had a slice of pizza I found it to be so delicious, but I could never afford it,” he said.

“People come from as far as Midrand and Centurion to support my business. Others come with business proposals, wanting to buy shares in my business and things like that.

“When I was thinking of a name, I thought about where the pizza was made. When you translate Mkhukhu it means ‘shack’ in English, so I decided to call it Mkhukhu Pizza.”

Under the tutelage of Peter van Wyk, his mentor had nothing but praise for the 38-year-old he has known for more than a decade.

“Out of the blue he told me that someone had shown him how to make pizza,” added the mentor.

“I bought him ingredients and he made one for me and it tasted good. I said to him ‘why don’t you give pizzas a try’ and that’s how he decided to go ahead with it.

“I’d like to see Themba getting a better set-up. He is struggling with load shedding. “It would be great to see him getting two or three wood-fire dome ovens. I know if he makes this thing work and he gets a bakkie, he’ll be gone.”

The post What’s your excuse? Themba Limkekhaya bakes delicious Pizza from a shack for a living! appeared first on Entertainment SA - South African Entertainment News, Celebrity and Lifestyle Online Magazine & Entertainment Tabloid.



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post