Regine Garnier excited about ber trip to Nigeria

Inspired by the groove and intensity of the Afrobeats movement, the United Kingdom-based Caribbean artiste, Regine Garnier has released her new project, Without You. In the new single, Garnier featured Nigerian artiste, Raoul John Njeng-Njeng, popularly known as Skales.

She’s the last child of 11 children and grew up with her older sister. Regine has been singing since she was a little child but officially started performing professionally in 2012 before moving to the United Kingdom to start life afresh and to take her singing to the next level.

The Caribbean sensation was asked why her choice of Afro music when there are lots of genre of music like the Jamaican dancehall, hip-hop and the rest she said “I like to dance and when i think Afro music it’s all about dancing and that’s what happiness is, making people feel love and happy with your music.”

“I have always loved Afro beat and have been doing it for quite a while and it’s a lot better coming over to do it”.

Skales is her first Nigerian collaboration and attested that “I chose Skales because he’s a big name in the Nigerian music industry and i used to like his song shake body and could dance to it nonstop in the UK.” the collaboration which was arranged by her producer Ifex and DJ Bright Star.

“This is my first time in Nigeria and I am really loving it, having been here for days. Coming to Nigeria is an amazing experience because I have heard so much about Nigeria and Nigerians and it means a lot to have a party in Nigeria on July 9, 2022, where Nigerians came to show how much they love music. I know a lot of Nigerians in the UK, but being in Nigeria and partying with Nigerians was a beautiful experience. I want to share my music with people so that they can also know me as an artist and Nigeria is a good place to do so,” she said.

“Generally, what inspires me is love, because I believe love is a big deal; when you have love, you have everything. Love can’t be bought so it’s everything. Love is giving, so, I am more of a giver; it’s part of me. So, I believe when you have love, you cannot fake it. Love inspires me a lot and it’s all in my song.”

Speaking further on the collaboration with Skales on Without You, she said, “Skale is a well-known artist, his song, Shake Body is a massive project and I like it. I love Afrobeats, African music. When I listen to Afrobeats, I just want to dance. There is something special about Afrobeats. I have been working on Afrobeats for years, but now, it’s taking another dimension.”

Regine hopefully wishes to do more collaboration with another top Nigerian artist like Davido, Tiwa Savage, etc.

Image credit: the guardian Nigeria

The post Regine Garnier excited about ber trip to Nigeria appeared first on Entertainment SA - South African Entertainment News, Celebrity and Lifestyle Online Magazine & Entertainment.



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post