Tall A$$ Mo planning to sue Lerato Moloi

After being cleared of rape charges, comedian Mongezi Mahlangu feels vindicated and wants his accuser, Lerato Moloi punished for false accusations. 
 
The man known as Tall A$$ Mo in the entertainment industry, says he has always maintained his innocence and that he wants the law to take its course. 
 
Mahlangu argues that the rape allegations have led to untold damage to his brand and reputation, the comedian said on Friday. 

According to SowetanLIVE, Mongezi stated that he plans to file a defamation suit against the queen of the catwalk. 
 
“On 16 August 2022, I, Mr. Mongezi “Tol A$$ Mo” Mahlangu was vindicated and accordingly acquitted of all the charges levelled against me by a South African court of law,” reads the statement. 
 
“I have maintained my innocence despite the false and malicious claims of an alleged rape made by Ms. Lerato Moloi, which has caused immense damage to me, my family, my children, my professional reputation, and subsequent loss of livelihood negatively affected my overall mental health and emotional wellbeing.” 
 
The allegations surfaced in 2020 when Moloi filed a case against the comedian and alleged that she was raped by Mahlangu while shooting a film. 
 
Feeling relieved, the lanky funny man is now delighted that after two years of pain and suffering, a court of law has concluded that Moloi fabricated the allegations. 
 
At the same time, Mahlangu is also weighing his options as far as dragging the National Prosecuting Authority to court for malicious prosecution. 
 
“As such, I am currently pursuing charges of slander, defamation of character, as well as malicious prosecution against Ms. Moloi. [I am also pursuing] civil charges to cover the total legal costs incurred and comprehensive loss of income suffered during this time,” he added. 
 
“In addition, I will also be pursuing the necessary legal action against the parties responsible. In section 35(3) of the South African constitution, every accused person has the right to a fair trial and, in sub-section (3)(h), the right to be presumed innocent and to remain silent. 
 
“False and malicious allegations of this nature are a serious issue and can negatively impact people’s lives in the long run. Due to Ms. Moloi’s defamatory and false claims, my family has suffered the most – I was forced to make drastic decisions to ensure the safety of my wife and children.” 
 
Main Image: ZAlebs 

The post Tall A$$ Mo planning to sue Lerato Moloi appeared first on Entertainment SA - South African Entertainment News, Celebrity and Lifestyle Online Magazine & Entertainment.



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post