“Gold digger”: Kaya 959’s Mpho Maboi finally responds to divorce rumours

SuperSport TV sports presenter Mpho Maboi has finally spilled the beans as far as her marriage with former Kaizer Chiefs midfielder Reneilwe Letsholonyane is concerned.

 Maboi headed to Twitter to respond to a social media user who quizzed the radio and television sportscaster about her marriage and divorce rumours.

 The Kaya 959 sports presenter, Maboi, didn’t hesitate to confirm that she is a divorcee and that nobody must think she is shy to speak about it.

 The decision to revert to using her maiden name, Maboi, on her social media accounts fuelled massive speculation and one Twitter user alleged they were no longer together. 

 In her response, the seasoned media personality, Maboi, defended herself against tweeps shunning her over the rumours that she split with Bafana Bafana legend Letsholonyane.

 “Oh, and trying to shame me for being divorced doesn’t work on me…try another ‘insult’. I’ve heard it all at this point,” Maboi wrote.

 The pair, Maboi and Letsholonyane tied the knot in 2017 Mpho got married to her partner in a secret ceremony and confirmed the news during an interview with DJ Fresh.

 “Yeah, he is now my husband. We got married. It is done,” she said at the time.

 “For me, I feel like it’s not the end point for everyone. Not everybody wants to get married, the whole marriage thing, can we not shove it down people’s throats.” 

 Meanwhile, a number of Twitter users alleged that the former SABC sports presenter, Maboi, parted ways with the celebrated ex-midfield kingpin, Letsholonyane because he is no longer a professional footballer.

 @Tlhohonolofatso Diphoko said:

 “The point in question is: Did you divorce Yeye because he is no longer earning what he did when he was a soccer player?”

@Mpho Maboi said:

 “I’m proudly wearing my gold digger tag coz I’ve clearly never worked a day in my life. People project their own insecurities AND women aren’t allowed to choose themselves. Their duty is to take whatever toxic environment is brought to them. Yet men can leave and it OK.”

 @Dipuo commented:

 “I didn’t know you were divorced because it’s not my business. I bet your ex hubby is not being thrown attacks about being a divorcee. This world.”

 Main Image: Mpho Maboi/Daily Sun

The post “Gold digger”: Kaya 959’s Mpho Maboi finally responds to divorce rumours appeared first on Entertainment SA - South African Entertainment News, Celebrity and Lifestyle Online Magazine & Entertainment.



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post