Celebrities Pay Tribute To Tina Turner

Following the passing of the Rock ‘n’ Roll superstar, Tina Turner passed away at the age of 83 after an extended illness at her home in Switzerland near Zurich.

Celebrities took to social media to share their moments with Tina Turner.

Beyoncé shared an emotional tribute to the iconic queen on her website.

She wrote, “My beloved queen, I love you endlessly,” Beyoncé’s message began. “I’m so grateful for your inspiration, and all the ways you have paved the way.”

“You are strength and resilience,” she continued. “You are the epitome of power and passion. We are all so fortunate to have witnessed your kindness and beautiful spirit that will forever remain. Thank you for all you have done.” 

 

The message was accompanied by an image of the two during their 2008 Grammy Awards where they performed ‘Proud Mary’

The RnB singer Mariah Carey took to her Instagram page to pay her tribute, writing, “The words legendary, iconic, diva, and superstar are often overused and yet Tina Turner embodies them all and so many more – an incredible performer, musician and trailblazer. To me, she will always be a survivor and an inspiration to women everywhere. Her music will continue to inspire generations to come. Rest in Peace, Queen ❤

Oprah Winfrey remembered her dear friend by sharing on her Instagram throwback picture of them spending time together, the post was accompanied by a tribute message, “I started out as a fan of Tina Turner, then a full-on groupie, following her from show to show around the country, and then, eventually, we became real friends,” she captioned the post. “She is our forever goddess of rock ‘n’ roll who contained a magnitude of inner strength that grew throughout her life.”

She added how Turner was “a role model not only for me but for the world” who “encouraged a part of me I didn’t know existed.”

She went on to say, how she is of Tina’s courage and showing us what victory looks like wearing Manolo’s and a leather miniskirt.”

“She once shared with me that when her time came to leave this earth, she would not be afraid, but excited and curious. Because she had learned how to LIVE surrounded by her beloved husband, Erwin, and friends.”

Winfrey shared a video of her and Tina singing along to ‘The Best’ on stage. She captioned the video, “I had the chance to join Tina onstage during her ‘Wildest Dreams’ tour and felt a glimpse of her enchanted world. I was so nervous that my knees were actually knocking together. Dancing onstage with her in Los Angeles was the most fun I ever remember having stepping out of my box.”

Speaking to PEOPLE, Jenifer Lewis shared how she reacted when she heard about Tina’s passing, “I tried not to cry because I’m 66 and at some point, we all have to learn how to mourn and not fall apart. But I had to allow myself to cry because she was one of the greatest entertainers that ever lived,” Lewis told PEOPLE.

Image: Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images

“I feel like a mother, a sister, a friend, a teacher has passed this plane, and I’m grateful to Tina for being who she was,” she continues. “I got so much from her — my sass, my moves, everything.”

Lewis explained that what she loved about Tina was the way she “showed us how to have the courage to walk away, continue to be our true selves and rise above the bulls—.”

Main Image: Beyoncé and Tina Turner| Michael Caulfield |2008 WireImage

The post Celebrities Pay Tribute To Tina Turner appeared first on Entertainment SA - South African Entertainment News, Celebrity and Lifestyle Online Magazine & Entertainment.



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post