“I’m Trying My Best Not Commit Suicide”- Dineo Ranaka

When it comes to mental health, most people, particularly those in the entertainment industry, are struggling. Dineo Ranaka, a TV and radio personality, is the latest celebrity to speak out about her mental health issues in recent weeks.

The Kaya 959 presenter took to her Instagram to share with her 1.2 million followers her struggles with mental health she wrote, “I completely understand souls/spirits/ people that commit suicide. I get it. I get them. Because I’m trying my best not to commit suicide.”  She added, “My mind is so loud of late and life is f*cking hard. *crying emoji* So f*cking hard and I’m trying my best, but it seems my best is not hard enough.”

Ranaka also shared that she is struggling with anxiety, she wrote on her social media,

“I am not okay! I have anxiety guys,” I am on leave, and the kids are away. I nearly rushed out of bed from anxiety and fear of being late.”

She highlighted her battle by creating an athleisure apparel line called ANXY, pronounced anxiety.

Ranaka not so long celebrated her short lived marriage as her divorce was finalised, saying it was worth it.

Many South African celebrities have opened up about their struggles with mental health, Pearl Thusi, Lady Du and Lalla Hirayama.

South African entertainment industry also lost celebrities through suicide such as actor Patric Shai, rapper Ricky Rick, and Hip-Hop artist HHP.

Main Image: Dineo Ranaka| Instagram

The post “I’m Trying My Best Not Commit Suicide”- Dineo Ranaka appeared first on Entertainment SA - South African Entertainment News, Celebrity and Lifestyle Online Magazine & Entertainment.



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post