Dr Malinga rubbishes death rumours

Entertainer Dr Malinga says he’s alive and fine.

This is after people on Facebook thought he was dead.

On Saturday, 20 June, people were posting messages of condolences for Dr Malinga’s family on Facebook and saying he should rest in peace.

This caused a lot of confusion on social media as some people were asking if he had really died.

It later moved from Facebook to Twitter, with people asking if what was being said on Facebook was true.

“People must’ve mistaken me for someone else. I am fine. I need everyone to know that I am alive and well,” said the singer.

Dr Malinga said he woke up to a lot of messages and missed calls on Sunday morning, 20 June, and he didn’t understand why.

“People started calling me on Saturday night, while I was busy recording in studio and I thought to myself I’d check the calls later. But I forgot. When I woke up, there were a lot of calls and messages on my phone,” he said.

“Unfortunately, my phone was on silent and I couldn’t hear the calls. When I called, some were crying, saying they saw on Facebook that I had died and they thought it was true,” said Dr Malinga.

Dr Malinga said some were already saying he died in a car accident.

“Some of the people who called me said they heard I died in a car accident. That time they hadn’t even seen pictures from that car accident. Honestly, I don’t understand people,” said Dr Malinga.

One Facebook user, Boipelo Letsoalo corrected the news and said people were confusing Dr Malinga with Thulani Wiseman Malinga.

“The person who is dead now is Dr Wiseman Malinga not Dr Malinga!” wrote Boipelo

Wiseman who was the managing director of the Mzansi Kwaito and House Music Awards died on Friday, 18 June, from Covid-19 complications.malinga

The post Dr Malinga rubbishes death rumours appeared first on News365.co.za.



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post