Tira Says He Fears Attending Events

Record label owner and Musician Mthokozisi “DJ Tira” Khathi shared his fears of attending events and not feeling safe following the killing of fellow musician Kiernan “AKA” Forbes.

In an interview with the Daily Sun, he stated that he always ensures that security is taken care of before accepting any bookings.

The DJ said, “You don’t know what can happen anywhere. I check my safety first when I get booked, and where I don’t feel safe, I don’t go. 

“At the moment, I’m putting my safety first until the situation gets back to normal.

“Who knew that someone would be killed on a Florida road? The popular and busiest road in Durban? And just like that, someone was shot dead.”

Tira is not the only celebrity who has not been feeling safe, as rapper Cassper Nyovest also beefed up his security and that he received a wake-up call after his friend and fellow musician DJ Sumbody was murdered in Johannesburg in November last year.

Nyovest told Zimoja,  “It’s not safe, man. I have been ignorant for a very long time and DJ Sumbody’s death woke me and made me realise that we are not safe. His death really f**ked me up,” he said.

The rapper went on to share that he needs a tight security around him as he lives a very luxurious lifestyle.

“I am always walking around with expensive jewellery. I can’t afford to put my life at risk and tempt people.

“I also need to remember who I am; I am Cassper Nyovest. I am not just some normal guy who can just walk around freely. I would love to live like that, walk round the streets and not be recognised, but I am not that guy.

“Someone made me realise that this is not the way to go, and Sumbody’s death made me aware that I need to be safe and remember who I am,” the rapper explained.

Main Image: DJ Tira| Instagram

The post Tira Says He Fears Attending Events appeared first on Entertainment SA - South African Entertainment News, Celebrity and Lifestyle Online Magazine & Entertainment.



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post