Ed Sheeran surprises fans by having Eminem join him at Detroit concert

Ed Sheeran added some spice to his Detroit concert when he decided to surprise his fans and brought out the city’s very own rap legend, Eminem.

The ‘Shape of You’ hitmaker used to be inspired to be a rapper growing up and looked up to the hip-hop legend. Now he has collaborated with him a handful of times since. They worked together on ‘Lose Yourself’ and ‘Stan’.

The flame-haired Grammy winner was performing at the Ford Field on Saturday night when he revealed that he was going to attempt to cover his 2002 classic ‘Lose Yourself’. He smiled and said: “Let’s see how this goes.”

As the song started, everyone was in shock and surprised to see the man himself Eminem – whose real name is Marshall Bruce Mathers III – join Ed onstage for the performance. The two musicians gave a rousing rendition of 2000’s ‘Stan’, which features a sample of Dido’s ‘Thank You’.

Not too long ago, Sheeran mentioned that rapping along to Eminem’s 2000 album ‘The Marshall Mathers LP’ “cured” his stutter. The 32-year-old megastar revealed that he has the 50-year-old superstar to thank for helping to fix his speech impediment.

Appearing on ‘The Howard Stern Show’ on SiriusXM, he recalled: “(My uncle) just said to my dad, ‘This guy is the next Bob Dylan. You gotta let him listen.’

“And by learning that record – and rapping it back to back to back to back – it cured my stutter. I think it’s different with Eminem because he is quite reclusive, doesn’t see or meet that many people. I’ve known him now (for) six years and we’ve done three songs together, I’ve played with him twice onstage. He’s another person I really relate to, as he lives in his hometown still and has his eco-system around him.”

The last time that the pair were seen on stage together to perform ‘Stan’ was when the rapper was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last year, a gig he refused to turn down.

Ed Sheeran said he remembers getting the call to do it. “I was shooting … 14 music videos back to back … and it was like on my day off from shooting the music videos, and I was like, ‘I can’t say no. I can’t.’ So, I got a plane straight after my music video, flew there for the song, and then that night flew back. It was really worth it.” – he added.

Main Image: USA Today

The post Ed Sheeran surprises fans by having Eminem join him at Detroit concert appeared first on Entertainment SA - South African Entertainment News, Celebrity and Lifestyle Online Magazine & Entertainment.



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post