Watch: Rihanna’s Fresh Start on Her Ninth Album

Bad Gal Riri has decided to reassure her fans that she is still very much clocked in when it comes to her work as she has revealed that she is starting over her ninth studio album.

Rihanna’s last album ‘Anti’ was released in 2016, and now the ‘Umbrella’ hitmaker is ready to dive back into the studio with the plans to revisit the music she has worked on over the years to determine if any of it still resonates with her current artistic vision.

Speaking to ‘Entertainment Tonight,’ Rihanna said: “For me, music is a new discovery. I’m rediscovering things. I have been working on the album for so long that I kind of put all that stuff aside. Now, I’m prepared to go back into the studio. I’m gonna start—give me a second! Yeah, I’m starting over. But I don’t want to neglect the songs that I have. I want to go back and listen to them with new ears, with my new perspective, and see what applies and what I’m still in love with.”

The 36-year-old superstar, who now has two sons, RZA, two, and Riot, ten months, with A$AP Rocky, caused a stir among fans when she was seen in New York City wearing a t-shirt with the slogan ‘I’m retired’. However, Rihanna assured fans that there was no need for alarm.

“People got triggered by the word retired. They were like, ‘We’re never getting an album now.’ No one read the other line, which was something about, ‘This is as dressed up as I get.'”

Last week, Rihanna’s 2012 hit single ‘Diamonds’ received Diamond certification from the RIAA, a milestone that holds significant meaning for her.

Watch the interview video below:

Main Image: Music Times

The post Watch: Rihanna’s Fresh Start on Her Ninth Album appeared first on EntertainmentSA News South Africa.



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post