Inside actress Larona Moagi aka Tumi’s heartbreaking final goodbye #TheRiver1Magic

Last week ‘The River‘ viewers had mixed feeling following the unexpected passing of Tumi. Larona Moagi, the actress who portrayed Tumi since 2018 had received a lot of criticism for her acting skills, prior to her departure from the telenovela at the end of season three.

Friday’s episode saw the cast and viewers say their last farewells to Tumi as she was laid to rest. It was an emotional episode which brought South Africa to tears.

Sindi Dlathu and Larona Moagi

As always, the cast came through and this was well noted by the viewers, who took to Twitter to give a standing ovation. More especially, Tsholofelo Matshaba who plays Rakgadi, Thembinkosi who plays Mabutho and Sindi Dlathu’s Lindiwe Dikana.

TheRiver1Magic

Tumi was killed in a helicopter crash caused by her own evil mother. After finding out that she was about to spill all her secrets, Lindiwe wasn’t going to let that happen. She shot the pilot who was steering the helicopter her daughter was in. They lost control and crashed. Tumi died on the scene.

The 24-year-old juggled her Law studies while also attending acting classes.


I always believed in my talent as an actor and I love the law as well. When it was time to go to varsity, I chose to do a BA law degree while attending acting classes and auditions to keep the fire burning.

Sindi Dlathu and Larona Moagi

She appreciates the experience she’s gained on the show and standing next to television greats.

When I auditioned for The River, I was hoping to get a part, I did not realise I was going to get such a big role. Playing alongside industry greats like Bab’ Don Mlangeni has been such an honour for me. I grew up watching them on TV and now here I was. For me, that was so affirming because it meant that I have arrived and that I must put my best foot forward. (Don Mlangeni played Larona’s on-screen father, Thato Mokoena).

In other news – Actor Aaron Moloisi sets the record straight

TV host and actor Aaron Moloisi has been spotted on several occasions with white beads around his neck. The beads are mostly worn by izangoma and people born with spiritual gifts. Learn more

Source: Zalebs

The post Inside actress Larona Moagi aka Tumi’s heartbreaking final goodbye #TheRiver1Magic appeared first on News365.co.za.



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post