Cardi B sentenced to 15 days of community service for assault

American Grammy award-winning rap artiste and songwriter, Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar, professionally known as Cardi B, has been sentenced to 15 days of community service after she pleaded guilty to assault in the third degree and reckless endangerment in the second degree. 

Cardi B has accepted a plea agreement, pleading guilty to two misdemeanor charges, The court, however, dismissed the other 10 charges, which include two felonies, against her. 

This comes nearly four years after she was arrested in October 2018 over a strip club fight. 

During the court session, prosecutors said the rapper threw objects, including champagne bottles, at two sisters who were bartenders at the club. 

They also said the musician led her team to attack the women over the allegation that one of them was dating Offset, her lover. 

Cardi B was arraigned alongside Jeffrey Bush and Tawana Jackson-More, who were co-defendants in the case. 

“Part of growing up and maturing is being accountable for your actions, 

 Cardi B said in a statement “As a mother, it’s a practice that I am trying to instill in my children, but the example starts with me. I’ve made some bad decisions in my past that I am not afraid to face and own up to. These moments don’t define me and they are not reflective of who I am now.” 

She continued: “I’m looking forward to moving past this situation with my family and friends and getting back to the things I love the most  music and my fans.” 

Cardi B was photographed arriving at the Queens County Criminal Court on Thursday, dressed in all white, with long red hair and glittering hoop earrings. “Puuuurrrrrr,” she captioned a series of photos of herself in and outside of the courthouse Thursday on Twitter.  

Main Image: Los Angeles Times

The post Cardi B sentenced to 15 days of community service for assault appeared first on Entertainment SA - South African Entertainment News, Celebrity and Lifestyle Online Magazine & Entertainment.



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post