Dwyane Wade clears the air on Gabrielle Union they split up 50/50 on responsibilities

Footballer Dwyane Wade has decided to clear the air in regards to his family’s household after his wife Gabrielle Union said that in their house, they split the responsibilities in half.

The actress and entrepreneur said it would be weird for her to say that she is the head of the household because in their household, they split everything 50/50.

“But in the other households that each of us has to support, there’s always like this gorilla on your back that is like you better work,” Union shared. “You gonna sleep in? Somebody might not eat. And it’s hard. It’s hard to let that go, so I’m working on it.”- she added.

Gabrielle’s statement was so controversial, the video clip was trending and it sparked debates across social media. Her husband decided it’s best to enter the group chat so that he can clarify what she meant.

Wade spoke up during his appearance on Shannon Sharpe’s “Club Shay Shay” podcast, and shared how they handle their own finances for things such as their separate families, but for anything that involves their home, children, and vacations, they decided together to split the costs down the middle to “share in it.”

The former NBA champion even shared an experience he had with Gabrielle, where she quickly called him out for a statement he made.

“When we were in Miami one time, I said something about it being my house that I paid for,” he said. “My wife looked at me and she was like, ‘You will never say that to me again when it’s something that we share. And so my wife was like, ‘When we move to LA, I got half on it. You will never say my house again.’”

Wade revealed that the 50/50 idea was not merely based on his wife having a sense of ownership, but it was also about them each having their own wealth set in stone. “I told my wife, ‘Hey, you’re not about to be taking all this time away from the family building your wealth while I’m spending all mine,” he said. “I don’t know where they do that at.”

Dwyane Wade and Gabrielle Union have about $210 million empire between their business ventures, investments, and more as individuals.

Main Image: People

The post Dwyane Wade clears the air on Gabrielle Union they split up 50/50 on responsibilities appeared first on Entertainment SA - South African Entertainment News, Celebrity and Lifestyle Online Magazine & Entertainment.



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post