Watch: Riky Rick’s wife, Bianca Naidoo opens up about navigating life without her partner

Bianca Naidoo, the devoted wife of the late award-winning rapper Riky Rick, has finally opened up about navigating life without her partner, a journey she describes as a continuous learning process.

Riky Rick, real name was Rikhado Muziwendlovu Makhado, tragically took his own life on February 23rd in 2022, at his home in northern Johannesburg.

In a heartfelt and candid interview on the Wisdom & Wellness podcast, Bianca talked about her struggles and the steps she’s taking to heal. She revealed that she began therapy after Riky’s passing, a significant move for someone who had long been in “survival mode,” managing life’s challenges independently from a young age.

“Riky’s passing definitely made me realize that I have been in survival mode for the longest time and not paying attention to what is necessarily important,” Bianca confessed. “I felt like, ‘I’ve got this, I can figure it out on my own.’ But last year brought me to a point where I realized, ‘Okay, I can’t do this anymore. I need to start living and being honest with myself and my feelings.'”

The mother of two, who shared her life with Riky since 2013, admits that thoughts of him linger daily. “It’s been tough, it really has been. It feels like it’s new, and you’re starting again. I take one day at a time, trying to figure it out,” she said. “In a lot of day-to-day things, I did it anyway, but making decisions is still hard because I always consider how Riky would have handled things.”

Reflecting on the impact of losing her husband, Bianca mentioned that there’s not a day or a moment that goes by that she doesn’t think of him. “Every day is about going through it, and you just have to go through it.” – she said.

Bianca also revealed that she is still in the process of mourning, struggling to fully grasp the concept of grief. “I don’t even know if I’ve started grieving. What is it? Because I have my good moments and then I have moments where I totally shut down,” she admitted. “I kind of block everything and everyone out when that happens because I just need that time to go through it on my own and be okay.”

Losing a partner, she explains, is profoundly different. “This person becomes your best friend, you do everything with them. There are kids involved, and with kids, there’s a lot of guilt from the other parent not being around.”

If you or someone you know is struggling, please reach out:

Suicide Crisis Line: 0800 567 567

SADAG Mental Health Line: 011 234 4837

Main Image: MSN

The post Watch: Riky Rick’s wife, Bianca Naidoo opens up about navigating life without her partner appeared first on EntertainmentSA News South Africa.



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post